Property research

Surveyance, Legal situation of the property

Before you sign any document or make any payment, do not hesitate to ask the vendor, whether the owner of the property, the builder, the developer or the selling agent, for a copy of the following documents:

  • Title of ownership (Escritura)
  • A certificate from the Property Registry (Nota Simple)
  • Receipt of the last annual Property tax (IBI)
  • Receipt of the last payment for Community Charges
  • Other receipts showing updated payment of services (water, electricity, telephone, refuse collection, etc) will have to be produced at the time of signing the Title deed at the Notary Office.
  • Certificate of Energy Performance
  • Certificate of habitability for new houses or apartments